Under the direct supervision of Correctional Command Staff, Lobby Control Deputies are assigned to the Correctional Division of the Ingham County Sheriff’s Office. Assist in meeting the inmates’ needs, coordinate, monitor and/or document all movement in secured areas of the jail. Maintain equipment, attend court and report rule violations and other incidents as needed.
- Assist in meeting the inmates’ needs, requests and problems, in a fair, humane manner, following established policies.
- Monitor, control and document the movement of all persons in and out secured part of the facility who enter through the jail lobby.
- Receive and answer inquiries from law enforcement, government agencies and the public concerning the status of incarcerated persons.
- Coordinate the movement and participation of inmates in the law library.
- Maintain a chronological record of daily activity.
- Search visitors who enter the secured part of the facility, as policy dictates.
- Maintain key control and inspect safety equipment daily.
- Report incidents of rule violations, by visitors, as they occur and other reports as situations dictate.
- Maintain competency in the use of the security radios, door control systems and the jail management systems under the authorization granted.
- Attend court on and off duty when required by a subpoena.
- Attend and participate in Sheriff’s Office authorized training as deemed appropriate to carry out the functions of the position
- Work mandatory overtime when directed by a supervisor.
- Follow the lawful orders from their superior officers concerning all aspects of the Sheriff’s Office pertaining to assignments, duties and tasks.