Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Pridgeon and Clay is the place for you…
Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon and Donald Clay, we are one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked components in the United States.
The position will support the company as a quality resource through assisting the Quality Manager with all tasks related to systems for quality in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in a related field OR high school diploma/GED and five years of experience in a quality-related field or manufacturing environment
- Experience in a quality-related industrial environment
- Experience monthly performance metrics
- Ability and willingness to learn and master quality tools, including blueprints/drawings, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), capability, and validation processes
- Proficiency in MS Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong self-motivation, with ability to manage personal work load with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to work well in a team-based work setting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organization skills, including detail-oriented project-management skills
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
- An excellent work record, including attendance
- Be knowledgeable of, and responsible for, the achievement of all quality-related goals, including PPAP, Cost of Quality (COQ), First Time Quality (FTQ), error-proofing, Part Per Million (PPM), and adherence to control plans.
- Maintain responsibility for process conformance results via weekly line side/layered audits.
- Maintain and track concerns and follow up with customers on issue closure. Upload documents to customer website as needed for documentation for corrective action closure.
- Coordinate all special documentation requirements for customer reject responses. Monitor response time and provide responses according to all requirements. Provide all necessary feedback and documentation to customers with Pridgeon & Clay engineering and/or management assistance as needed.
- Provide assistance to error-proof processes and systems through 8-D and 5-Why problem solving, when necessary.
- Compile and prepare data for monthly operations metrics (customer concerns, PPM, cost of quality, customer scorecards, etc.).
- Manage and maintain customer portals on time using all supporting documentation to submit
- Use appropriate problem solving methods to lead the development of successful action plans that achieve permanent corrective actions and eliminate non-conformances. Initiate and participate in 8D or 5 Why teams depending on the customer requirements.
- Assist with other responsibilities as requested from Management.
- Own quality-related goals and drive improvement to key measures.
- Analyze data (routed sort, customer concerns, external PPM, cost of quality, customer scorecard, disruptions) for errors and trends and report to Quality Manager. Own goals and monitor reduction of concerns, PPM, routed sort, etc.
- Support Production and Quality department with special projects.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Organize and maintain efficiency of personal work area.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, IATF 16949, and safety regulations.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Exhibit all the attributes of a positive role model (including professionalism, personal integrity, and positive attitude) for employees and managers to emulate.
- Assist in maintaining company values (Integrity, People, Customers, Safety, We Can If…Do What It Takes, and Ownership) daily, through thoughts and actions.
In return, Pridgeon and Clay will provide:
- A competitive total compensation including a comprehensive benefit plan with premium medical and prescription coverage starting at just $5.00 per week for employee coverage, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
- A safe, team oriented work environment with a leadership team that treats you like family and values your input
- An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the organization through continuous improvement and problem solving events
- A positive work/life balance
- An opportunity for career growth – Over 70% of our leaders have been promoted from within