Northwest Michigan Works! is looking for a business-savvy individual to add to our Business Services team. As a Business Services Representative, you will be tasked with initiating, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with local area employers. No two days are the same, areas of focus change, and this job will keep you on your toes. What doesn't change is our mission, building a stronger community, and enhancing the quality of life for everyone in our region. This position will cover Grand Traverse and Leelanau counties.
Our team is excited to welcome a new member, someone that can work well within a team but also be able to work and accomplish goals on their own. In this position, you will engage with employers, job seekers, workforce and economic partners, and the community at large, being able to navigate and network in all these arenas is a must. If you like the idea of making our community a better place through workforce development we would love to see your resume.
Responsibility, Essential Duties, and Functions
An employee in this position may be called upon to perform any or all of the following essential duties. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Spends majority of time in the field calling on businesses, assessing employer needs, and representing the full array of workforce and economic development services available.
- Participates in business retention visits with a team of state and local partners to assist in identifying employer's workforce and economic development needs.
- Provides an immediate response to all business closings and layoffs including coordination of State of Michigan assisted Rapid Response services.
- Serves as liaison between Northwest Michigan Works and partnered organizations ensuring appropriate and accurate delivery of Northwest Michigan Works programming.
- Promotes the Going Pro Talent Fund with employers and assists with the application and reimbursement processes.
- Develops On-the-Job Training contracts, monitors, and coordinates with agency Career Advisors.
- Promotes Pure Michigan Talent Connect as a statewide labor exchange website.
- Networks and participates in community and business-related events such as business expos, hiring events, job seeker events, and general employment-related activities; some of which may be in the evening or weekend.
- Links employers and job applicants by referring candidates for interviews and advocating for their hire.
- Develops and delivers presentations to employers and job seekers regarding local labor market and hiring trends.
- Maintains necessary data requirements for CRM and proprietary databases.
- Attends professional development activities as required.
- Assists in creating training programs for employers on a variety of workforce issues.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
The following, or equivalent, are required:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum private sector work experience of three years
- Well developed written and oral communications skills
- Ability to make individual and group presentations
- Effective team member
- Proficient in computers, social media, business software
- Knowledge of the local labor market and public and private sector employment practices
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver's license
Annual salary of $41,200
Benefits: This full-time professional position is entitled to Northwest Michigan Works! full fringe benefit package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, retirement contribution, vacation, and sick time.