Position: Medical Assistant
FTE: FT, Non-Exempt
Bargaining Unit: UAW
Department/Location: Access Center Department
Wage: $17.24 hourly, which equals to $35,862.76 annual salary. Comprehensive benefits package
Additional Compensation: $1000 New Hire Bonus
Network180 employees make a difference in people’s lives every day, making our community a better place to live. We are the community organization responsible for the delivery of mental health, substance abuse treatment coordination, and developmental disabilities services for Kent County. We need individuals who are passionate about making a difference by helping others.
We are seeking a Medical Assistant to be responsible for direct service to clients in the clinical outpatient setting of a Psychiatric Services Clinic, the Greenwood Clinic, or Integrated Case Management. Network180’s Psychiatric Services is an urgent/emergent clinic that serves both adults and children with mental illness and substance use disorder needs. The Greenwood Clinic is an outpatient clinic that serves adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities who have mental illness and substance use disorder needs. Integrated Case Management is a Patient-Centered Behavioral Health Home that is based on the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) guidelines for the Patient-Centered Medical Home. This multidisciplinary team-based model includes: a psychiatrist, registered nurse, medical assistant, case managers, outpatient therapists and peer support. The team serves consumers with mental illness and substance use disorder needs with an emphasis on evidence-based therapeutic treatments.
This is full-time regularly scheduled position, Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm.
Network180 has made the safety of our employees a priority. We provide Personal Protection Equipment to our employees and thorough safety and cleaning protocols are in place. Staff providing services in person are required to wear appropriate PPE Job interviews are being conducted via the internet.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a Medical Assistant certificate program from an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Education or training in the basics of medical terminology
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, database management and e-mail
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment and skills and capabilities of bridging language/cultural barriers to Network180 services within diverse communities
- CMA certification through the American Association of Medical Assistants or the RMA certification through American Medical Technologists preferred
- Strong understanding of services for psychiatric and substance disordered consumers, and a strong recovery philosophy, preferred
- One year of experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting, preferred
- Experience working with an Electronic Health Record, preferred
- Lived experiences with mental illness/developmental disabilities/substance use disorders valued
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
For a detailed job description and responsibilities please see pdf document attached to this posting. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network180 participates on E-Verify.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Assistance with the application process may be requested through the Human Resources Department at 616 336-3909 or email@example.com.
We are committed to attracting a diverse and talented work force to meet the needs of our diverse community. Network180 offers an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
Network180 will operate as an equal opportunity employer. Network180 will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected class status.