: Up to $10,000 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant experience DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital,
Michigan’s first Level I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation. Receiving also offers the state’s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroit’s first certified primary stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence. Job Description:
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care.
• Provides therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures and diagnostic tests for patients with, or at risk of, abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system.
• Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team to develop optimal cardiopulmonary care plans for patients.
• Performs patient assessments, evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy, and determines which respiratory care activities can be delegated to other care team members.
• Instructs employees and students in the principles and practices of designated respiratory care procedures/tasks and evaluates their competence.
• May function as an in-charge therapist and preceptor, as requested.
1. Graduation from an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associates degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Registration (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
3. BCLS certification required. ACLS certification preferred.
4. Licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.