The Metrology Technician performs and consults on a variety of measurement methods on multiple different high precision lab equipment.
- Program, set-up and operate a wide variety of inspection and test equipment including CMM with virtual DIMIS software, GOM ATOS blue light scanner, optical comparator and computer assisted precision measurement instruments
- Understands and interprets GD&T and CAD drawings
- Conducts Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility studies, capability studies, and correlation studies
- Determines and may develop measurement methods and procedures from blueprints, drawings, models, and diagrams
- Performs first article measurements on all new product
- Engages with engineering teams to understand and perform measurements.
- Participates in New Product launch process, conducting design reviews with respect to Quality measurement requirements of new products.
- Cleans, adjusts, calibrates, and maintains variety of lab inspection equipment.
- Maintains accurate records and reports results, including non-conformances, per procedures
- Coordinates with suppliers to develop measurement and test correlation
- Exhibits and promotes safe work practices.
- Participates in defining and executing business unit goals.
- Monitors housekeeping of area and controls sample retention.
- Minimum of five (5) years of CMM, light or laser measurement programing.
- Advanced GD&T
- Advanced knowledge in calibrating metrology instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards
- Ability to lift/pull 20lbs, frequent lifting and stooping and standing as needed
- Assist with SPC activities and root cause analysis
- Ability to interpret and translate GD&T requirements into manufacturing and measurement methods.
- Possess superior communication skills
- Be self-motivated and hands-on.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD