Multiple locations available!! Ann Arbor, Grand Ledge, Macomb
To ensure that the fabrication and installation of piping and fittings on equipment (hydraulic and pneumatic systems) is consistent with customer specification, blueprints, and the safety regulations/quality assurance policies of the factory.
- Study plans and specifications for customer jobs in order to determine the materials/work aids required
- Measuring, cutting, threading, and bending of pipe to size and shape using hand and machine tools (according to customer specifications)
- Securing pipes into position by using fittings, clamps, brackets, and hangers
- Assume a troubleshooting role during the try-out phase of the equipment to ensure that all systems and fittings are functioning within normal/established operational parameters.
- Provide technical assistance in the installation and fittings on equipment at the customer’s site and train customer personnel on use of equipment as built.
- Provide operational data, technical information, and any recommended modifications to the engineering department.
- High school diploma/equivalent experience
- Pipefitter’s license recognized by the State of Michigan or equivalent work experience
- 5-8 years of experience
- Team player
- Red and understand blueprints as applicable to pneumatic and hydraulic systems.