Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Pridgeon and Clay is the place for you…
Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon and Donald Clay, we are one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked components in the United States.
The Engineering Coordinator will assist the Process Engineer’s to increase or maintain organization excellence and to ensure its efficiency in an exemplary manner according to the Company Quality Policy.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- Associate Degree. Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Computer expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook).
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and SolidWorks software.
- Basic GD&T knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational, and collaboration skills.
- The ability to perform projects with a high degree of detail.
- Exceptional professional attributes that include self-motivation and dependability.
- The ability to build effective work relationships.
- Previous project management experience is highly desired.
- Exceptional problem solving and communication skills, and an excellent work record, including attendance.
- Work with Process Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Continuous Improvement Engineers to identify production related problems, long-term issues, and negative trends.
- Maintain, track and report project timing to the Production Engineering group by use of Microsoft Project.
- Follow a standard problem-solving model (i.e. DMAIC) to improve any problems or issues identified.
- Perform data analysis and data entry (Set-Up Sheets, Standard Work, Time Studies) as needed.
- Determine and input set-up parameters into the database and evaluate the changes to identify trends and parameters affecting setup efficiency and part quality.
- Ability to map processes to develop standard work instructions and optimize workflow.
- Collaborate with Process Engineers, Quality Engineers, and Continuous Improvement Engineers to identify lean improvement opportunities such as Set-Up Instruction and Standardized Work Instruction.
- Create or update building and equipment layouts in AutoCAD.
- Develop and maintain reports, graph/chart data, project status, and present reports weekly to the Process Engineering team by use of PowerPoint and Webex.
- Provides regular updates and recommendations to the Senior Engineering Manager and Process Engineers.
- Lead vendors and manufacturing leaders in the scheduling of process reviews, layouts, installations, and manage project timelines.
- Proficient use of EAM software to initiate purchasing requests, submit service requests, track request status, and view equipment maintenance history.
- Participate in lean initiatives such as continuous improvement events, identifying and eliminating all types of waste.
- Must be able to work independently, manage and prioritize workload to complete tasks on time.
- Organize and maintain the efficiency of your personal work area and 5S zone.
- Complete projects within an agreed upon time-period.
- Track Open Actions Items list for Process Engineers.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Add / modify operator instructions and set-up sheets in the company intranet.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, IATF 16949, and safety regulations.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and dress when meeting with customers.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Assist in maintaining company values (Integrity, People, Customers, Ownership, We Can If…, Safety) daily, through thoughts and actions.
In return, Pridgeon and Clay will provide:
- A competitive total compensation including a comprehensive benefit plan with premium medical and prescription coverage starting at just $5.00 per week for employee coverage, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
- A safe, team oriented work environment with a leadership team that treats you like family and values your input
- An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the organization through continuous improvement and problem solving events
- A positive work/life balance
- An opportunity for career growth – Over 70% of our leaders have been promoted from within