1. Overall responsibility for all financial reporting related to grants, contracts and Tribal programs.
2. Directs preparation and distribution of monthly financial statements. Issues other internal or external
financial reports to provide management, regulatory and funding agencies with a precise review of
the Tribe’s financial position.
3. Assists in establishing accounting procedures to ensure the integrity of all financial data produced by
4. Coordinates activities with external auditors and directs staff in audit preparation.
5. Monitors all financial activities to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the
company are enforced throughout the Tribe.
6. Administers uniform chart of accounts.
7. Monitors monthly activity on all grants to ensure proper account coding and proper use of funds
under grant terms.
8. Analyzes grant expenditures for adequate documentation and compliance with all applicable
9. Maintains good working relationships with the Tribal Council, management, auditors, and external
agencies. Interfaces with other departments for accounting needs.
10. Prepares Indirect Cost Proposal and budget allocations.
11. Maintains grant archives, including contracts, amendments, drawdowns, reimbursements, reports and
closeouts for use in audit preparation.
12. Prepares monthly, quarterly and closeout billings as needed for each grant using various defined
13. Prepares budget revisions and journal entries needed for proper grant maintenance.
14. Prepares audit work papers for independent audit.
15. Works directly with auditors to resolve any issues or questions arising during audit.
16. Performs reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
17. Held accountable, to a very high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records
18. Maintains strict confidentiality.
19. Attends training as required.
20. Performs other duties as assigned