Shipping & Receiving Clerk, Hudsonville, MI –
Altron Automation is a custom manufactured automated machinery company in West Michigan.
We are all about quality, dedication and integrity.
We design, build and execute all in-house, located in Hudsonville, Michigan. Included in our capabilities are advanced manufacturing systems, test equipment, reinforced plastics and prototyping. For more than 30 years we’ve been designing solutions and creating automation with the very best service and engineering team. Delivering results with pristine accuracy is essential to us.
Altron Automation needs a highly detailed, accurate and responsible Shipping & Receiving Clerk. This is a first shift, full time, direct role. We offer competitive wages and full benefits. Our shop is a high tech environment where every project is custom. This is a fast paced and team oriented role. The Shipping & Receiving Clerk is responsible for the timely and accurate execution of the material distribution and receiving function for the organization. Candidates need to be self-sufficient, problem solvers and demonstrate cooperation and accountability.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will interface daily with skilled trades, vendors and suppliers
- Much more than only shipping and receiving, will include material inventory
- Perform a 3-point check of incoming purchasing material
- Accurate receipt of materials in operating system
- Place materials in proper inventory locations for prompt retrieval
- Recognition and resolution of shipping discrepancies
- Packaging of outbound shipments
- Picking of materials for jobs
- Identification of excess materials for disposition
- Accurately performs material and inventory transactions within systems
- Be able to safely operate hi-lo and overhead crane as required
- Accurately perform inventory cycle counts
- Able to work well with routine and repetitive tasks
- Performs other job duties as assigned
- 1 year of experience or more is highly preferred in shipping, receiving or material inventory, but stellar entry level candidates will be considered
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Able to withstand constructive criticism on the job
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy essential
- High quality communication and interpersonal skills important
- A service mentality is non-negotiable
- Must possess sound problem-solving skills
- Fluency with computers and accuracy in data entry very important
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently
- Able to work well with minimal supervision
- Exercise team effort to achieve success and demonstrate respect for peers, subordinates, supervisors and customers
- Able to understand and follow instructions
- Must fully understand and adhere to maintenance, safety, and quality processes and procedures
- Able to maintain an excellent attendance record
- Can successfully handle stress and time pressures
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- Able to lift 50 pounds properly
- Must be able to perform all functions of the job either with or without reasonable accommodation
See more about us at www.altronautomation.com