Come Join the Van Eerden Team Today!
Van Eerden Foodservice has immediate job openings for CDL A Delivery Drivers. Our drivers are the face of Van Eerden and strive to effectively deliver product on-time to our customers, with the highest level of customer service. If you are an ambitious and dedicated individual, with a passion for the food business and providing a great customer experience, we’d love to have you join our Team!
Excellent pay – On average, our drivers earn between $70,000 - $80,000+. Salary varies by route type, business conditions, and each driver’s work ethic.
Van Eerden is a fourth generation, family-owned foodservice distributor based in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Rooted in quality and service, we strive to deliver Fresh Ideas, Fresh Products and Fresh Solutions to our customers each and every day.
We are more than a food company – we are a family company treating our team like family and a customer company focusing on Great People, Delivering a Great Customer Experience!
About the Job:
- Deliver products to customer locations meeting scheduled customer delivery times.
- Manually unload products from the trailer with a two-wheeler and place product neatly and carefully in designated customer storage areas
- Verify accuracy of delivery with customers and obtain proper signatures
- Collect customer payments when required.
- Professionally perform customer service responsibilities to enhance our client experience.
- Safely and efficiently operate commercial motor vehicles in urban, suburban and rural areas in all weather conditions.
- Lift, push or move products that frequently weigh up to 50 lbs. and occasionally greater than 75lbs.
- Comply with FMCSA rules and regulations for DOT hours of service and compliance.
- Perform all work within Company safety practices.
- 21+ years of age.
- Must pass a DOT pre-employment drug screen.
- Background check free from felonies
Certificates & Licenses
- License to drive - valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- Medical card
We have 3 different route options:
- Quarterly incentive bonuses
- Paid vacation and holidays. 1 week vacation after 6 months.
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits starting after 30 days.
- 401k with 50% company match
- Employee tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus - up to $2,500
- Newer, well maintained equipment