Position Summary: The Bus Person should consider themselves an assistant to the service staff. Their primary responsibility is to bus tables in a quick and quiet fashion, in accordance with all Company standards, policies, and procedures. They are also to perform side work in support of restaurant operations.
1. Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Gun Lake Casino’s company-wide culture and “Unsurpassed Service” standards at all times.
2. Inform immediate supervisor of any product shortages and equipment needs.
3. Behave in a positive, professional manner that reflects “Unsurpassed Service” practices.
4. Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage others to do so. Comply with Board of Health Standards.
5. Maintain “Unsurpassed Service” personal grooming and uniform standards pursuant to the Company’s policies.
6. Know where the MSDS booklet is located for your area.
7. Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
8. Inform manager on duty of any Team Member or Guest opportunities.
9. Bus tables at conclusion of guests' meals by clearing any remaining china, utensils etc. remaining on the table top, then wiping off table, all chairs and booth seats.
10. Inspect entire floor area and ensure that it is clean.
11. Re-set tables to proper specifications and inspect silverware for cleanliness.
12. Ensure that supplies in side stations are well-stocked and clean.
13. Work in conjunction with the food server to meet guest standards.
1. Ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
2. Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision.
3. Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and mature decision-making.
4. Adhere to all Company and department policies and procedures, as well as, all “Unsurpassed Service” practices.
5. Practice the Ten/Five rule consistently with internal and external guests.
6. Must be able to handle a flexible schedule.
7. Prior experience as a Bus Person in full service dining room is preferred but not absolutely necessary.
8. Ability to lift and carry full trays/bus trays.
9. Must be able to obtain required work cards for the jurisdiction in which the property is located.
10. Must be at least 18 years of age.
1. Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
2. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
3. Ability to stand for duration of shift, bend, and reach to a height of 6 feet.