We are currently seeking a full time Facilities Maintenance Technician for Falcon Woods in Holland, MI.
How Wallick Supports You:
- Pay on demand (access your money as soon as you earn it)
- Paid time off & Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance effective the first day of the next pay period following the date of hire, typically within 2 weeks
- Company provided uniforms
- Gym membership or Fitness equipment reimbursement
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity coverage
- 401(k) with a company match after 90 days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
How You Will Contribute: In accordance with the Wallick Mission and Values, the Facilities Maintenance Technician will perform general maintenance duties for communities within the district in a timely manner, taking care to ensure our residents needs are met and comfortable homes maintained to the highest standards.
- You have a minimum of 1 year of prior maintenance experience.
- You have knowledge of plumbing and/or electrical.
- You have a valid driver's license with reliable transportation.
- You understand maintenance and repair.
- You pride yourself on providing a great experience for the resident, from respectful communication to quality and timeliness of repair.
- You are an adaptable and flexible problem solver.
- You have good written and verbal communication skills.
- You are detail oriented with the ability to balance and organize multiple priorities.
- Using company provided technology, complete various work orders for site maintenance projects as directed by the Community leader.??
- Complete unit turns within as directed by the Community leader.?
- Responsible for the timely completion of work orders within the community, and detailed completion notes documented in the work order tracking system.
- Responsible for emergency maintenance response within the district which may include on-call rotations.??
- Maintain specific levels of certification as required for the position.??
- Responsible for maintaining the communities within the district to Company standards.?
- Perform other related duties as assigned.???
Physical Demands: Position requires extensive walking, stooping/bending, balancing, kneeling, squatting, and climbing. Requires the ability to lift 50 lbs. Requires talking, seeing, and hearing with reasonable accommodation.
Work Environment: Travel between communities within the district may be required, depending on need. Position requires work to be performed indoors and outside. Indoor working conditions are often inside a residence within the community, a communal area, or in the designated maintenance shop area. Outside work is throughout the community grounds and outdoor communal areas.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
About Wallick: Wallick Communities, founded in 1966, is a diversified organization specializing in the development, construction and management of affordable multi-family housing and senior living communities including memory care.
Wallick Mission: Opening doors to homes, opportunity, and hope. We provide multi-family housing and senior living communities. We strive to provide a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable place to call Home.
Wallick Values: Our Values flow directly from our Mission and set the expectation for how all associates work together. These values are: