Reports to: HR Manager
Type: Part Time – Non-Exempt
Are you looking to earn some side income or supplement your existing income? Do you have a flexible schedule or desire the ability to choose which day(s) of the week you work? Do you like being on the road, seeing new places, and meeting new people?
We are looking to bring someone on to our team to make deliveries and pick up equipment from companies in various industries across West Michigan. We sell, service, install, and repair a vast array of measurement equipment ranging from calipers and hand tools to larger scales and electronic equipment.
We are seeking someone who wants to work on average 8-10 hours per week but who would be willing to pick up additional shifts as needed (sometimes up to 20 hours per week total) and who would be willing to travel outside of the West MI area and potentially out of state as needed.
All deliveries/pick-ups are typically scheduled on one 8-10 hour day per week, but we have flexibility to schedule 1/2 on one day and 1/2 on another if that works better with your schedule. We are flexible, so please apply if you are interested and we are happy to talk with you about your individual situation and see if that works with our business needs.
Being a Delivery Driver at GR Metrology isn't just about being able to drive. You will need to be physically able to lift up to 50lbs repetitively depending on the type of equipment you are picking up and dropping off that day.
Please take a look below at the critical functions and the requirements of the job and if this sounds like you we hope to see you apply!
- Organize and load equipment for efficient pick-ups and deliveries
- Gather appropriate paperwork for pick-ups and deliveries
- Deliver equipment per customer requirements, obtaining signatures and completing all paperwork
- Pick up equipment from customers, completing all paperwork and returning equipment to Grand Rapids Metrology headquarters
- Address and resolve customer issues/questions and inform manager of outstanding issues
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle and report maintenance problems to manager
- Encourage good customer relations through delivery service promotion and a positive attitude toward customers
- Hold accountability for all customer equipment from the time of loading to the time of delivery and from the time of pick up to the time of receiving
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner
- Perform shipping and receiving duties as needed, while following proper procedures
- Perform other administrative duties, as specified by management
- Daytime, regional travel in the West Michigan Area
- Follow all laws related to driving as well as the internal requirements related to the operation of a company vehicle
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute equipment
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, stand, walk, stoop, and bend repetitively during your shift
- Ability to operate a forklift with current license
- Valid Driver’s License (Chauffer License preferred) and acceptable driving record
- Ability to effectively work independently
Grand Rapids Metrology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other protected classes