Why ProTrans International:
ProTrans International is committed to providing innovative logistics solutions that meet or exceed our customer’s needs and expectations.
Our corporate culture embraces an entrepreneurial spirit that allows our operations to be flexible and customer focused. Executing our Mission Statement, ProTrans International is committed to value-added services, effective communication, and visionary leading-edge technology. We have a strong commitment throughout ProTrans International to quality and continuous improvement. Internal programs empower employees in every functional area to offer ideas for improved best practices for themselves, their team, ProTrans International, and our customers.
Our operations started in a small garage and has grown to be a part of ProTrans Holdings. Our wonderful partners: TOC Logistics International, Millennial Transportation Services, and Mina—are all part of what makes ProTrans great and the perfect fit.
Shift: Monday--Friday (1700--Finish)(Second Shift)
Pay: $19.00 per hour, plus $1.00 Shift Differential, totaling $20.00.
The Material Handler:
The Material Handler will be responsible for working in a fast-paced, cross-docking environment. You will be assisting with loading and unloading shipments from various customers and moving the materials throughout the service/consolidation center. Abiding by the ProTrans International core processes, you will scan, move, and load customer shipments safely and efficiently.
We are looking for individuals that want to drive their career and be a part of network. You will be a key player in our facility and a driver of business.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life).
- 401(k) plan.
- Flexible spending account.
- Generous Paid Time – Off.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- And MORE!!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Receives items for shipment, inspects visually for identity, quantity, and condition.
- Checks for obvious damage and segregates items requiring special handling.
- Opens containers as directed by work instructions or supervisor.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand or with forklift or other handling equipment.
- Loads materials into carrier vehicles and installs strapping, bracing or logistic bars padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Completes receiving and shipping documents accurately and completely per ProTrans specifications with the scan gun.
- Counts, weights, and records number of units of materials moved or handled in PTI System.
- Identifies all shipments by proper marking and labeling, including special handling instructions.
- Coordinates transportation requirements and any special handling problems.
- Warehouses and stores inbound and outbound cargo awaiting processing and/or onward movement. Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together as direct per work instructions.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment.
- Conducts safety and equipment checks daily.
- Follows all safety procedures and actively works to improve individual and center safety record.
- Identifies and implements continual improvement initiatives to enhance the performance of the position, team, and company.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a cross-docking environment is preferred, but not required.
- Previous sit-down forklift experience.
- Forklift certification.