Sanford Behavioral Health is an innovative and trusted leader in behavioral health in Michigan with a mission to raise the standard of care across Michigan and fill service gaps. Sanford is committed to improving access to services, reducing stigma surrounding mental health, and promoting progress and innovation related to mental health treatment throughout our state.
We are looking for a passionate professional interested in joining our team as we open the first Residential Eating Disorder Program in the state.
This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of significant progress in the treatment of eating disorders in the state of Michigan. Sanford is a company that is willing to invest in its employees to help them to acquire the skills and expertise to be a leader in the industry.
This is a 3rd shift (overnight) position. Position includes $1.00 more per hour for shift premium.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide support for carrying out overall program and adherence to rules, local, state and accreditation regulations and standards.
- Provides oversight of client’s daily schedules including proper oriented to the program, engagement with the daily programming recommendations, skill development and practice. This will also include supervision of meals, snacks, bathroom use, etc.
- Provides oversight and assessment of client adherence to meal plans.
- Conduct hourly safety checks on clients during sleeping hours.
- Provide appropriate supervision to always ensure client safety.
- Assist clients with any conflict resolution or interpersonal issues in the milieu.
- Relay pertinent daily clinical and medical information to the multi-disciplinary team.
- Facilitate/co-facilitate experiential groups, skills groups, community outings, psycho-education groups, and therapeutically supported lunches, and assessment groups.
- Delivers services within a person-centered approach that is intended for motivating the client to continue treatment and follow through with treatment recommendations.
- Ensure that daily progress notes are completed in a timely manner
- Administer medication as prescribed by physician in accordance with medical procedures.
- Maintain all files and records in accordance with quality assurance standards.
- Assist in the continued support of alumnae as needed.
- Assist in the support and orientation of interns and other staff members as appropriate.
- Participate in staff development and training, including staff meetings, in-service training, advanced skill workshops, and continuing education.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary team meeting.
- Assure maintenance of client rights, health, welfare, and safety by providing support to all team members and by maintaining continuity of quality care.
- Communicate with multi-disciplinary team/administration in a timely manner regarding risk management issues.
- Stay up to date on professional licenses and/or certifications and all necessary continuing education and supervision as required.
- Present professionally to the public when representing Sanford CTED.
- Administer and collect wellness surveys and client satisfaction surveys.
- At all times, observe and respect clients’ individual rights, confidentiality and adhere to Sanford House’s personnel code of ethics.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality on all client records and business-related records, as required under HIPAA guidelines.
- Provide transportation for residents’ needs, as appropriate. Assist in scheduling appointments for clients and transportation as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience working with individuals with eating disorders and other mental health issues, preferred.
- Registered Medical Assistant, preferred.
- Good communication skills, self-motivation, good leadership potential, knowledge of case management, and good decision-making ability.
- Ability to work with a team milieu approach to treatment.
- Ability to identify own strengths and areas of improvement and communicate needs to supervisor.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks such as typing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to clearly express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words to impart oral information to employees or others accurately or quickly, engaging in sometimes lengthy conversations or presentations.
- Capable of monitoring the facility and grounds, including the ability to ambulate up and down stairs.
- Must be able to seize, hold, grasp, turn or otherwise work with your hand or hands.
- Must be able to perceive sound by ear to interpret oral information from employees or others accurately or quickly.
- Work will be performed in an office environment with fluctuating temperatures.
The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Sanford Behavioral Health is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by Federal, State or local laws.