Metro Health now the University of Michigan Health-West is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst 2.
- BI/BA * Days - 40 hrs/wk (SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE)
Reporting to the Director Business Intelligence/Analytics, builds and supports business intelligence and analytics initiatives to enhance departmental and organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. Works closely with other Information Technology staff to plan and implement strategies. Designs, tests and implements reports and data extracts from Epic software application. Assists in the analysis, planning, design, creation, and maintenance of simplex to complex reports and database projects. Writes Structured Query Language (SQL) queries against a complex data model. Collaborates with end-users to understand reporting requirements and specifications. Ensure that the data used for statistical reporting is creditable.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in one or more of the roles listed below, or seven years of commensurate experience.
- This position requires experience with and knowledge of Crystal Report Development, SQL script development, SSIS package development, SSAS development, and an operational understanding of the components of the technologies that support a hospital system.
- In addition, skills in Epic Clarity report development preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills are required in the functional areas above.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conducts analysis of departmental, organizational, and individual information needs relative to specific assignments.
- Analyzes system performance, data integrity and security requirements in development and resolution work.
- Installs or participates in the installation of system and application installations, upgrades.
- Documents all phases of project and product life cycles.
- Cross trains team and department members in the support of tools developed.
- Provides technical assistance in resolving developed tools issues
- Remains technically current in areas specifically assigned.
- Establishes and continues development toward personal career goals.
- Investigates new uses of current or future system development and support tools to facilitate accomplishment of corporate strategic goals.
- Develops or participates in development of reports, queries, forms, workflows, scripts, databases, browser-based and/or client server applications, and system testing strategies.
- Supports and educates others in support of applications and tools developed, as well as third party applications assigned.
- SQL and other report development.
- SSIS package development and deployment.
- SSAS Cube development and implementation.
- Participates in support of applications that require scripting methodologies.
- Assists in any other activity as assigned.
Category: Information Technology