Position Summary: Provides support the other Bakers as needed. Enforce all initiatives given, oversee production responsibilities, and provide service to Guests and Team Members in a professional, efficient and courteous manner while maintaining a clean, attractive environment, in accordance with all Company standards, policies and procedures. Be innately creative, as bakers will be expected to come up with original recipes for new featured baked goods.
1. Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Gun Lake Casino’s Service Standards at all times.
2. Behave in a positive, professional manner that reflects “Unsurpassed Service” practices. 3. Maintain “Unsurpassed Service” personal grooming and uniform standards pursuant to the Company’s policies.
4. Know where the MSDS booklet is located for your area.
5. Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
6. Treat each Team Member with care, dignity, fairness, and respect in an “Unsurpassed Service” manner.
7. Display and encourage teamwork in the department.
8. Communicate on a consistent basis with all managers and keep them abreast of all department activities.
9. Adhere to all Company and department policies and procedures as well as all “Unsurpassed Service” practices as well as any other policies and procedures set forth by the Room Chef. 10. Attend daily Team Member Huddles and look at the communication boards for pertinent information.
11. Follow Recipe Book and Guidelines, and have all necessary supplies to provide consistency and quality for “Unsurpassed Service” Guest Service.
12. Maintain cleanliness, safety and sanitation standards in accordance with department polices and those of the Department of Health.
13. Ensure that kitchen and equipment are in good working order, and that the work area is clean and hazard-free. Notify a supervisor immediately if kitchen and equipment are not in good working order.
14. Possess the ability to work hands-on in any kitchen environment. Majority of the production will be to maintain appearance and cleanliness of related work areas, and keep items stocked in bakery case. Production will also include baking cookies, muffins, pies, and wrapping finished product. Must also prep baked goods.
15. Must constantly check that the correct quantities are being produced for each order they are in charge of as well as be vigilant about using exact measurements and paying strict attention to timing.
16. Must possess the ability to create, cost, and execute consistent product in a high volume based atmosphere.
17. Must know basic math and be able to measure and weigh accurately and follow recipes according to specifications.
18. Must work according to a tight production schedule that sets quotas for how many of a particular item they must produce each day.
19. Must be able to follow existing written recipes as well as create, document, develop and execute original recipes to present to supervisors for approval.
1. Must possess skills to produce a wide range of breads, pastries, and other various baked goods. (Cheesecakes and other specialty items as well).
2. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management in both written and verbal form.
3. Must manage time effectively with minimal supervision.
4. Practice the Ten/Five rule consistently with all internal and external guests.
5. Must demonstrate sound judgment and mature decision-making.
6. Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain unit’s appearance and operating standards.
7. Must possess creativity, organizational ability and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
8. Must be able to perform work independently or as part of a close-knit team.
9. Must have mastered the use of a large number of tools in order to produce quality baked items, ranging from simple kitchen implements such as a rolling pin, to complex industrial mixing machines.
10. Must have the ability to pass a skills test and audition consisting of executing an original recipe, complete with providing a written (typed) recipe, and executing 2 existing desserts from our existing recipe for consideration for the position.
Food Safety/Sanitation/HACCP/OSHA Guidelines
1. Must be able to demonstrate and ensure that the department is within HACCP guidelines. 2. Must ensure and comply with a safe and hazard free work environment according to the Department of Health and OSHA regulations.
3. Must possess knowledge to safely store and prep all ingredients.
4. Must possess a sound knowledge of hygiene and safety standards in the kitchen, and the discipline to enforce those standards.
1. Requires normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
2. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, push 150 to 250 lbs on a pushcart, and enter walk-ins of -10 degrees to 140 degrees with or without assistance.
3. Ability to stand for duration of shift, walk very frequently, bend, and reach to a height of 6 feet with or with out assistance.
4. Requires hand/eye coordination, the normal sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound.