Roll & Hill is looking for detail-oriented people interested in a hands-on role helping to manage the flow of parts in and out of our warehouse in Grand Rapids, MI. The position requires material handling, part storage, kitting (creating assembly kits), backfilling, and inventory management and disposition.
We are looking for computer-savvy people who can give appropriate attention to detail, ensuring the quality and accuracy of components and their corresponding transactions. We are a fast-paced, creativity-driven manufacturer of luxury lighting and home furnishings, with a devoted, expanding customer base and a compelling brand story.
What we offer:
- Full-time position – with options for OT
- 4/10 work schedule – Fridays when needed
- 1st shift only
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k with 401k employer match
- PTO and paid holidays
- Competitive pay
What we are looking for:
- The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum of one year of relevant work experience.
A background in shipping or warehousing is desirable
- At least three years’ experience in a warehouse and inventory management
- Demonstrated computer proficiency; NetSuite or other inventory management experience is a plus, but not required.
- An eye for detail.
- Excellent attendance.
- High degree of accuracy
- Thorough and focused, able to work as an individual and as a team
- Ability to handle fragile objects, including glass and marble, with care.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A team-oriented approach to meeting goals, including a willingness to help out at various stations within the warehouse and cleanup of communal work spaces.
- Knowledge of quality control practices is a plus.
- A proactive work ethic, a sense of urgency and ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work on your feet up to 95% of the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to move and climb a ladder safely.
- Specific vision abilities include color vision.
- May engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers.
- Familiarity with material handling equipment such as pallet jacks and hand trucks, for tasks such as unloading a trailer.
- Willingness to develop in-depth knowledge of Roll & Hill products.
- Ability to both offer and accept clear feedback, to prioritize projects and task around fixed deadlines, and to execute ongoing updates quickly and seamlessly.
What you will be doing:
- Pulling and organizing the specified type and quantity of parts indicated on picking tickets and other documents;
- Identifying and counting high quantities of parts accurately, and inspecting raw parts for damage or irregularities;
- Interacting with the visual Inventory System (KanBan) to provide feedback for parts removed (putting up signal cards when bins are emptied and taking down signal cards when bins are filled);
- Notifying Supervisor and QC Department of discrepancies between drawings and parts, as well as identifying raw parts with material issues;
- Data entry related to purchase orders, sales orders, and returns;
- Providing support to internal departments, including Purchasing, Shipping, Sales and Assembly;
- Assisting in the maintenance of the department’s paperwork and filing procedures;
- Ad hoc projects, as needed.
Roll & Hill is Brooklyn's leading maker of design-driven, American-made luxury lighting, and home furnishings. Established in 2010 by designer Jason Miller, Roll & Hill collaborates with a carefully selected group of talented independent designers to create award-winning pendants, lamps, and sconces in its Brooklyn, NY studio and, now, its new studio in Grand Rapids, MI.
Check us out at www.rollandhill.com.
Roll & Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees need to be vaccinated.
International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.