: Up to $25,000 Sign on Bonus, based on amount of relevant experience DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation. Job Description:
In addition to the staff nurse role, assumes shift responsibilities for the care delivery team. Assists in coordinating the provision of care through assigning and scheduling staff, as well as prioritizing, delegating and evaluating patient care. Assists in evaluating patient care provided by nursing staff. Assists in Process Improvement activities. Works with the interdisciplinary team to problem-solve system and unit-based issues. Provides input into nursing staff performance appraisals. Assists with Staff Educational requirements as needed. Participates in activities pertinent to the unit and hospital Demonstrates own commitment to personal and professional goals. The Clinical Coordinator will supplement staffing under direction of Administrative Director and/or Clinical Manager.
The Clinical Care Coordinator
takes an abbreviated patient care assignment in order to assure the leadership responsibilities are fulfilled.
1. Functions as lead and resource person for nursing personnel. Acts as a clinical resource person and assists clinical manager in planning and facilitating staff meetings and staff development.
2. Collaborates with manager in prospective monitoring of the schedule to assure adequate nurse-patient ratio on a given shift. Reviews monthly schedule, communicating with staffing office regarding staffing changes.
3. Facilitates shared decision making among staff. Facilitates unit throughput on given shift to improve LOS (Length of Stay).
4. Coordinates/provides in-service programs to assist staff to maintain or enhance their competence in fulfilling job responsibilities based on identified needs of patient care personnel.
5. May assist manager with interview, selection, retention, mentoring, and evaluation of staff.
6. Participates in development of policies, procedures and standards for the department.
7. Assists with department Process Improvement and Peer Review.
1. Associates Degree/Diploma required. BSN preferred.
2. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse by the state of Michigan.
3. One to two years of progressively more responsible experience with evidence of increasing leadership abilities.
4. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, delegate to others and facilitate processes.
5. Minimum Level 6 of the Promoting Excellence Performance Criteria, if an internal candidate, preferred.
6. BLS required, ACLS preferred.