|MINIMUM AGE: 18 years|
HOURS: Monday 1:00 p.m. – 1:40 p.m.
Wednesday 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
| DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This is specialized work in demonstrating and instructing the techniques of ice skating at the Dearborn Ice Skating Center (D.I.S.C.). An employee in this class works on a part-time basis teaching skating for beginner through intermediate students involved in a U.S.F.S.A. sanctioned skating program. In addition, the employee assists in the direction of an ice skating show.
| KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:|
- Knowledge of the techniques of figure skating.
- Ability to teach the fundamentals of figure skating.
- Ability and willingness to assist in the preparation and direction of an ice skating show.
- Ability to demonstrate skill in teaching figure skating techniques.
- Ability to maintain accurate records & prepare reports as directed.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks and to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with other employees, program participants and the general public.