We're looking for an experienced and highly motivated Events Coordinator to join our team at The High Five GR, our premier event venue located downtown in the heart of Grand Rapids, MI. In this role, you will assist with the planning, execution, and completion of Events. You will oversee the Event Staff, act as the main point of contact for the day of the event, and provide a five-star customer experience. If you have a passion for event planning, are organized and detail-oriented, thrive in a fast-paced environment, then this could be a great fit for you!
- Work with the High Five leadership team to manage all event responsibilities including: event design/theme, staff and vendor scheduling, requests, implementing logistics, creating, and maintaining timelines, event production, and all other event needs.
- Lead event staff to ensure seamless weddings, rehearsal dinners, and other affiliated events.
- Act as the on-site contact for set up through completion of all events.
- Take a proactive approach to resolve and troubleshoot emerging problems prior to and on the event day.
- Provide an exceptional level of guest service and satisfaction.
- Work closely with vendors, staff, and entertainment to ensure compliance with the terms of executed contracts/purchase orders.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with vendors to provide a seamless event experience from planning through completion.
- Meet with prospective clients to showcase the event space as needed.
- Attend and/or coordinate the rehearsal, final meeting, and event.
- Set-up and teardown of High Five space including: moving tables, place chairs, linens, furniture adjustment, taping cords, pushing carts, audio/video, etc.
- Prepare room environment such as lighting and temperature.
- Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the High Five venue.
- Proper care, movement, storage of all equipment such as tables, chairs, risers, dance floor, etc.
- Greet guests and escort them in and out of the facility.
- Provide guests with a five \-star experience through exquisite customer service skills.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor and/or Venue and Sales Manager.
What's in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to work with an incredibly cohesive and energetic events planning team.
- You will have competitive pay, employee discounts, and benefits (we even offer extras like pet insurance!).
- You will work for a company that truly lives by its Core Values - Trustworthy, Pursuit of Excellence, and Team First Mindset - and works to foster a culture of accountability and engagement.
What is Convivial Brands and The High Five GR?
Convivial Brands started 34 years ago with just one brand - Design Design - which strived to create connections and celebrate moments through greeting cards. Since then, we have grown and expanded to five brands -Design Design, Verdant Graphics, Style Life, The High Five GR, and Tableau - and we now offer a wide range of products such as greeting cards, paper tableware, gift wrap, notebooks/journals, candles, mugs, and high-end home entertaining and home décor items, as well as event planning and printing services.
At Convivial Brands, everything we do revolves around Making Life Better - which includes creating opportunities, products, and a culture that strives to do just that. The physical products we make help people celebrate and enhance life, sometimes in small, quaint ways, and other times in big statements. From celebrating a wedding to giving a small gift of appreciation, each brand produces an end product that intends to make life friendly, lively, and jovial - ergo making life Convivial. This is achieved through operating within our Core Values of being trustworthy, pursuing excellence, and exemplifying a team first mindset. Those three values are what guides our day-to-day operations and ensures we are moving in the right direction the right way. As our brands continue to expand and grow, we're looking to add new team members who can not just maintain our culture, but can add value and help us continually improve. Our goal is to transform work from an obligation to passion!
The High Five GR is an expansive, beautifully renovated loft space that exemplifies the best in "old world meets new" with original roller rink hardwood floors and exposed brick, combined with beautiful chandeliers and hip artisan tile and glass. It?s the perfect space for any occasion.