Looking for an inspiring organization in which to thrive and feel appreciated?
Sanford Behavioral Health, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is seeking 1 part-time Group Therapist for our weekend shifts, preferably with background in substance use disorders and/or experience in the mental health field.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provides group counseling, didactic and process groups, and family counseling when appropriate.
- Provides timely progress notes.
- Adheres to established professional code of ethics and standards of practice to promote the best interest of the client.
- Maintains a consistent flexible schedule and documents hours worked.
- Provides effective interaction with the clinical team.
- Participates in staff development and training, including staff meetings where attendance is mandatory, in-service trainings, advanced skills workshops, and continuing education.
- Assures maintenance of client rights, health, welfare, and safety by providing support to all team members and by maintaining continuity of quality care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Limited Licensed Psychologist, Licensed Professional Counselor or equivalent with appropriate licensure and/or certification with the state of Michigan.
- SPADA, CADC or CAADC certification or working toward development of certification.
- Good communication skills, self-motivation, good leadership potential, knowledge of case management, and good decision-making ability.
- Ability to work with a team milieu approach to treatment.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge or experience with the 12-Step program of recovery and/or alternative pathways to recovery.
- Knowledge of counseling theories and interpersonal dynamics.
- Able to speak to substance abuse, mental illness, personal or behavior disorder, development disabilities, dysfunctional family issues, physical, sexual, and emotional abuse.
- Able to identify own strengths and areas of improvement and communicate needs to supervisor.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality on all client records and business-related records, as required under HIPAA guidelines.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks such as typing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to clearly express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words to impart oral information to employees or others accurately or quickly, engaging in sometimes lengthy conversations or presentations.
- Able to ambulate up and down stairs.
- ust be able to ascend and descend stairs daily.
- Must be able to seize, hold, grasp, turn or otherwise work with your hand or hands.
- Must be able to perceive sound by ear to interpret oral information from employees or others accurately or quickly.
- Work will be performed in an office environment with fluctuating temperatures.
The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Sanford Behavioral Health is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by Federal, State or local laws.