POSITION: PHARMACY TECHNICIAN
On-Call, Non-exempt positions
LOCATION: Donald A. LaPointe Health & Education Facility
Baraga, Michigan 49908
SUPERVISORY CONTROL: Pharmacist
SALARY: Non-Certified = Grade 4 (minimum starting wage = $16.47/hr)
Certified = Grade 5 (minimum starting wage $17.43/hr)
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED.
- Must be a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) or must obtain within one (1) year of employment.
- Technician is responsible for maintaining CPhT licensing.
- Previous experience in Pharmacy practice is preferred.
- CPR Certification preferred, or must obtain within 90 days of employment (timeframe may be extended depending on class availability).
- Basic knowledge of Indian Health Programming and local Tribal community is essential.
- Must have knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR).
- Knowledge of medical terminology is required.
- Computer skills are required.
- Must be able to read reports and view information on a computer monitor.
- Must have general knowledge of office and clerical practices, including word processing and electronic file management.
- Must have good organizational, verbal and written skills.
- Must have good hearing.
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, including: ability to stand/walk for long periods of time; ability to climb, stoop, and kneel; ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory result of a security background check, pre-employment drug testing, and pre-employment physical exam.
INDIAN PREFERENCE: Preference will be given to qualified individuals of American Indian descent
VETERAN PREFERENCE: Preference will also be given to Veterans who do not have bad conduct or dishonorable discharges (need DD214).