RATE OF PAY: Midnight Shift -- $15.00 per hour
MINIMUM AGE: 18 years of age
HOURS OF WORK:
This is a year-round part-time position located at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center. The Ford Community and Performing Arts Center is a 7-day operation. Employees in this position will be expected to work 28 hours per week on the midnight shift which starts at 10:00 p.m. and ends at 3:00 a.m. or 5:00 a.m. depending on need. This position will include weekend hours.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
An employee in this position performs a variety of custodial, janitorial, set-up and light maintenance duties. Duties will include the facilitation of conference/banquet and theater events through the set up and tear down of furniture and various pieces of production equipment. The employee may receive specific assignments from a supervisor, but must assume some responsibility for achieving desired results.
- Set up and breakdown 8 foot rectangle tables and 5 or 6 foot round tables.
- Set up and breakdown portable staging units.
- Set up and breakdown pipe and drape.
- Set up and breakdown stacking chairs.
- Able to climb at least a 6 foot ladder.
- Sweeps, scrubs, buffs, strip, and waxes floors; operates cleaning machinery such as a walk-behind scrubber, walk-behind carpet extractor, high speed buffer, high pressure washer, and vacuum cleaners.
- Cleans and scrubs restrooms, locker rooms, kitchen, and drinking fountains.
- Dusts surfaces, washes walls, washes windows, collects and carries out trash.
- Performs other custodial and cleaning tasks as necessary to maintain a clean, sanitary complex and grounds.
- Maintains outdoor grounds as needed; shovel snow, salt walkways, and trash pick-up.
- Reports all obvious safety hazards to supervisor.
- Performs related work as required.
- Must be able to perform essential functions either with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Mandatory participation with maintenance week – traditionally occurs last week in August.
- Ability to read written diagrams and instructions.
- Ability to interpret and follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrates predictable and regular attendance.
- Knowledge of janitorial equipment and supplies, and of their efficient and effective use in cleaning a large office complex.
- Ability to perform physical labor required for cleaning duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with other employees and the public regarding janitorial and minor maintenance needs.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Must submit to a criminal history check and drug screen.
LAST DATE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS: Open until filled
Apply online at www.cityofdearborn.org