Capital Area Michigan Works! (CAMW!) is a local unit of government that receives over $10 million in federal and state workforce development grants that will help assists job seekers with their career and education opportunities. In 2020, we provided services remotely to 1,500 job seekers and served 2,845 participants through the various workforce development programs.
As the Financial Grants Officer, you will have the responsibility to prepare, analyze, and compile quarterly grant financial reports. This position will also assist the Chief Financial Officer in all aspects of general ledger fund accounting with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on the telephone and in person.
On a typical day, you might...
- Prepare monthly or quarter-end entries and distribution costs through cost allocations processes;
- Analyze revenues, and expenses to ensure appropriate entries; prepare any journal entries;
- Prepare grant budget summaries, budget-to-actual comparisons, and program budget entries;
- Reconcile bank statements, ACH deposits, transfers, and AR receipts;
- Prepare quarterly A/R invoicing and reconcile aging accounts;
- Prepare cash requests;
- Review Bi-Weekly Payroll for accuracy;
- Prepare Pension monthly journal entry;
- Review and verify contract budgets;
- Maintain various budgets, financials, and allocation templates;
- Assist with preparation of Year-end reconciliations and audit schedules.
Annual Salary: $50,000-$60,000