- Full Benefits Package
- Performs duties required to prepare and serve daily meals, using a variety of kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Assists the Food Services Coordinator in planning menus.
- Estimates food requirements to reduce waste and ensures left over food and ingredients are appropriately stored for preservation.
- Ensures kitchen cleanliness and maintains kitchen equipment and utensils; trains residents or trustees to perform these responsibilities.
- Inspects dining room and food storage areas in order to maintain sanitary standards.
- Stocks food inventory and supplies.
- Maintains inventory records and prepares food orders as needed.
- This description is intended to illustrate the type and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. It may not be a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of the eighth school grade is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience in commercial or institutional food preparation is preferred.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, including drug testing and background check, before employment.
- Employees will be fingerprinted.
- Subject to random drug and alcohol testing per the Court’s policy.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, effective working relationships with other employees, and interact effectively with the general public.