Express Employment Professionals in Howell/Brighton is working with a Manufacturer in the Brighton area to fill a 2nd and 3rd shift Direct Hire Maintenance Tool Technician.
Objective of the Position: The ability to design and machine tooling and fixture components in support of all production operations in the facility. Support maintenance technicians with repair of mechanical systems and equipment throughout the manufacturing plant.
Essential Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
• Design, build and repair tools and fixtures
• Operate all tool room equipment
• Visually inspect and test tool room machinery and equipment and document maintenance activities.
• Listen for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
• Assist with the dismantle of defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts.
• Clean and lubricate shaft, bearing, gear, and other parts of machinery.
• Implement and maintain a preventative maintenance program for all (production and facility) equipment.
• Responsible for maintaining 5S in department and periodically participating with audit process.
• Clean, adjust and calibrate machining equipment.
• Assist in tool, fixture, and material flow and continuous improvements for those areas.
• Practice safe use of hand and machine tools, i.e. grinders, saws, lathes and mills.
• Assist with maintenance and troubleshooting problems of all equipment.
Secondary Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
• Conduct all business related activities for, and on the behalf of, client within the limits of applicable local, state, and federal legal requirements.
• Provide support to, and compliance with, all local and corporate company Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and other HSE related requirements.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and follows all ENA polices related to TS16949 and ISO 14001; looks for way to improve and promote quality.
• Other duties as assigned.
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
• Associates degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; three years related experience as a maintenance machinist or toolmaker; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have a Millwright or Machinist Journeyman License or be working towards the completion of a license.
• Two years of experience in blueprint reading.
• MIG & TIG Welding experience.
• Thorough knowledge of CNC, grinding, and all machining activities in the plant tool room involving the design, repair, and building of assembly fixtures and components.
• Working knowledge of lathe, grinding, hand welding, machining and heat treat techniques.
• Support production by working with maintenance on repair and maintenance of tooling fixtures, gages, and assembly equipment.
• An understanding of GD&T and blue print interpretation and the ability to build from a design drawing.
• Knowledgeable and thorough capability to operate all tool room equipment
• The ability to read blueprints
• Understanding gauging methods and tolerance for checking assemblies
• Understanding and fundamentals of GD&T.
Wage starting at $31.50 plus .60 cent premium
To apply send resumes to Dio at firstname.lastname@example.org , go to www.expresspros.com/HowellMI or call 517-546-jobs to discuss details.
Benefits of working with Express:
Here at Express, we will assess your skills, offer you interview and resume writing tips, and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. You will never pay a fee at Express, and you’ll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, referral bonuses and much more. To find out more, contact us today!
For a complete listing of all Express Howell/Brighton open positions, visit: www.expresspros.com/HowellMI/Job-Openings.aspx