About Apex Controls Inc.
Our mission is to be recognized as a great place to work and one of the best automation and control panel providers. We partner with businesses to improve their manufacturing process through automation, enabling our customers to be market leaders and our employees to love working here. We have a culture built on integrity, humility, excellence, teamwork and fun that leads to professional growth for our team members and quality work for our customers.
We provide a comprehensive benefit package, including fully funded health insurance, disability insurance, and a 401(k) profit sharing administered plan.
Our business has grown steadily, and we believe this growth reflects the outstanding individuals who are part of our team. We seek individuals who want to grow with us and share in our success.
SENIOR CONTROLS SYSTEMS ENGINEER
What You'll Do:
Develop electrical and pneumatic designs using 2-D cad software
Develop networking architectures common to the industry, such as industrial Ethernet, IO-Link, etc.
Develop electrical and pneumatic bills for materials
Design and evaluate safety control circuitry and systems
Develop control system software, including PLC, motion control, programmable safety, robots, vision systems, etc.
Develop HMI and SCADA systems, including graphics, macros, scripting, etc.
Develop control system manuals and documentation
Power up and commissioning of control systems
Interpret mechanical and process flow drawings to determine control system requirements
Review customer requirements and specifications to ensure compliance with electrical design and software
Understand and comply with internal standards, customer-specific standards recognized national/international standards, and safety standards
Work with internal staff to evaluate future projects
Work with internal and external electricians and electrical technicians in the review of control system construction and wiring, including troubleshooting assistance of both Apex Controls' design and interfaces to systems provided by others
Provide timely and accurate feedback regarding project status
Participate in, and lead, the training of customers, both technical and non-technical.
Willing to participate in/lead internal training activities
Actively share knowledge with peers
Willing and able to travel when needed
Always act with honesty and integrity
Skills You'll Have:
- Proficient with 2-D CAD software
- Experienced with PLC software development
- Experienced with HMI software development
- Familiar with National Electric Code and other common electrical standards, including safety standards
- Experience with motion control system hardware and software, robotic systems, and vision systems
- Capable of working with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- Able to evaluate multiple options and make clear and concise decisions
- Strong communicator, both internally and with customers or suppliers
- Capable of working with and leading teams, both internal and with the customer, but also comfortable with being self-directed with minimal supervision
What You'll Bring:
- A BS degree in engineering or a related discipline is preferred. Applicable work experience may be acceptable.
- 5+ years of experience in control system automation.
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to local day travel.
?What We're Offering
- A place where you can be challenged yet be supported and valued.
- A growing company in a growing industry.
- A company that shows appreciation for team members with competitive salaries, profit sharing, and discretionary cash bonuses; paid holidays and generous PTO; retirement benefits; HSA contributions; health, vision, dental, EAP, Life, and disability insurance.
- A leader who will invest in your growth and education. We offer reimbursement of up to 50% of tuition for 2 classes per semester as well as cover your membership dues for requisite associations.
- An opportunity to put your stamp on things. If sharing your ideas for improvement is your thing, we want to hear from you.
- Variety, excitement, exposure, and collaboration with great people who are just simply great to work with.
If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a difference in the lives of others, we invite you to formally apply for consideration. We're proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.