Journeyman Controls Electrician Description
About APEX Controls LLC.
Our mission is to be recognized as a great place to work and one of the best automation and control panel providers. We partner with businesses to improve their manufacturing process through automation, enabling our customers to be market leaders and our employees to love working here. We have a culture built on integrity, humility, excellence, teamwork and fun that leads to professional growth for our team members and quality work for our customers.
We provide a comprehensive benefit package, including fully funded health insurance, disability insurance, and a 401(k) profit sharing administered plan.
Our business has grown steadily, and we believe this growth reflects the outstanding individuals who are part of our team. We seek individuals who want to grow with us and share in our success.
Skills You'll Have:
- Ability to reading and interpret electrical schematics for controls automation.
- Well-versed in the National Electric Code is highly preferred.
- Experienced in wiring machinery and electrical control panels is preferred.
- Capable of using meters and test equipment for troubleshooting electrical circuits is highly preferred.
- Understands appropriate safety requirements, including, lockout/tag-out, arc flash practices, etc. is highly preferred.
- Experienced in general industrial electrical construction, including installation of the rigid metal conduit is preferred.
- Able to perform tasks with minimal supervision and direction is highly preferred.
- Dependable attendance habits and strong work ethic. Willing to occasionally work weekends is required.
- Working well in a team setting with other electricians and engineers is required.
- Customer service-oriented is required.
What You'll Bring:
- Licensed journeyman electrician preferred; however, will accept fourth-year electrical apprentice with the proper experience
- Lift 50 lbs. frequently, 100 lbs. occasionally, and 100+ lbs. with assistance
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc.) (frequently with tools or equipment in hand)
- Bending, stooping, twisting, and squatting
- Extended periods of walking
- Occasional exposure to weather conditions
- Operating a motor vehicle, Hi-low, forklift, etc.
- Operating power or hand tools from floor to above head (drilling often over your head and/or awkward positions)
What We're Offering
- A place where you can be challenged yet be supported and valued.
- A growing company in a growing industry.
- A company that shows appreciation for team members with competitive salaries, profit sharing, and discretionary cash bonuses; paid holidays and generous PTO; retirement benefits; HSA contributions; health, vision, dental, EAP, Life, and disability insurance.
- A leader who will invest in your growth and education. We offer reimbursement of up to 50% of tuition for 2 classes per semester as well as cover your membership dues for requisite associations.
- An opportunity to put your stamp on things. If sharing your ideas for improvement is your thing, we want to hear from you.
- Variety, excitement, exposure, and collaboration with great people who are just simply great to work with.
If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a difference in the lives of others, we invite you to formally apply for consideration. We're proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.