Position at APEX Controls
The position of Sales/Applications Engineer focuses on the development and presentation of project concepts and costs to Apex Controls' customers.
What You'll Do:
- Works under the direction of the Senior Sales/Applications Engineer.
- Works in partnership with Engineering & Electrical Managers to select leads to follow up on.
- Develops an understanding of customers’ business goals and automation processes.
- Concepts solutions for automation, controls, and electrical projects.
- Creates detailed estimates, quotes, and proposals.
- Advances projects from the quoting phase to the released phase upon receipt of purchase orders.
- Works with the Sales/Applications team to improve the processes and tools used in project quoting & proposals.
- Partners with customers to address project changes or concerns.
- Partners with suppliers to encourage mutually healthy relations.
Skills You'll Have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of the automation process and engineering principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to collect and compile relevant data.
- Extremely organized with great attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to analyze information and think systematically.
- Thorough understanding of the company’s business processes and the industry at large.
- Ability to handle databases and understand technology-driven business intelligence tools.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required or five-plus years of related experience is required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Valid driver's license with the ability to local day travel.
- Remote work available after completion of initial training.
What We're Offering
- A place where you can be challenged yet be supported and valued.
- A growing company in a growing industry.
- A company that shows appreciation for team members with competitive salaries, profit sharing, and discretionary cash bonuses; paid holidays and generous PTO; retirement benefits; HSA contributions; health and vision insurance; life and disability insurance, and more.
- A leader who will invest in your growth and education. We offer reimbursement of up to 50% of tuition for 2 classes per semester as well as cover your membership dues for requisite associations.
- An opportunity to put your stamp on things. If sharing your ideas for improvement is your thing, we want to hear from you.
- Variety, excitement, exposure, and collaboration with great people who are just simply great to work with.
If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a difference in the lives of others, we invite you to formally apply for consideration. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer.