Position at APEX Controls
As the Purchasing Agent, you will purchase goods and services according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
What You'll Do:
- Purchases goods and services according to the company's policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with managers to maintain inventory levels.
- Evaluate vendors based on price, reliability, capability, and previous transaction history.
- Authorized to purchase at the most favorable terms, including price, quality, quantity, delivery, and other factors.
- Prepares quote specifications receives bids and makes purchases of materials.
- May work directly in support of line operations and in collaboration with department managers, engineers, or operations staff.
- Researches and selects alternate materials and parts when originally spec's parts may not meet delivery or price expectations.
- Ensures that purchasing documents are complete and accurate and include appropriate and reasonable terms and conditions.
- Maintains pricing histories and other vendor records.
- Monitors delivery dates and backorder status and communicates timing to impacted parties to ensure project timelines are maintained.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills You'll Have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is highly preferred.
- At least three years of purchasing experience is required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine purchasing needs.
- Valid driver's license with the ability to local day travel.
- Hybrid remote work available after completion of initial training.
What We're Offering
- A place where you can be challenged yet be supported and valued.
- A growing company in a growing industry.
- A company that shows appreciation for team members with competitive salaries, profit sharing, and discretionary cash bonuses; paid holidays and generous PTO; retirement benefits; HSA contributions; health and vision insurance; life and disability insurance, and more.
- A leader who will invest in your growth and education. We offer reimbursement of up to 50% of tuition for 2 classes per semester as well as cover your membership dues for requisite associations.
- An opportunity to put your stamp on things. If sharing your ideas for improvement is your thing, we want to hear from you.
- Variety, excitement, exposure, and collaboration with great people who are just simply great to work with.
If this sounds like you and you're ready to make a difference in the lives of others, we invite you to formally apply for consideration. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer.