Barley Excavating is hiring General Construction Laborers to perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials. May assist other craft workers and perform a wide variety of both unskilled and semi-skilled tasks such as digging, loading, unloading, lifting, carrying, lugging, tending, stockpiling, sweeping and cleaning.
This position typically works 7AM-5PM, Monday-Friday, 40-55 hours per week. This position has no specific worksite location. Compensation is $25-$48 per hour.
• Apply caulking compounds by hand or caulking guns to protect against entry of water or air.
• Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
• Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
• Install sewer, water, or storm drain pipes, using pipe-laying machinery or laser guidance equipment.
• Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
• Lubricate, clean, or repair machinery, equipment, or tools.
• Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
• Mix, pour, or spread concrete, using portable cement mixers.
• Operate jackhammers or drills to break up concrete or pavement.
• Raze buildings or salvage useful materials.
• Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.