Barley Excavating is hiring a Local Dump Truck Driver for a tractor-trailer combination or a truck with a capacity of at least 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW). May be required to unload truck. Requires commercial drivers' license.
Must also drive a Quad-Axle dump truck to transport sand, gravel and various road materials to and from our construction projects, gravel pits and stock yards.
This position typically works 7AM-5PM, Monday-Friday, 40-55 hours per week. This position has no specific worksite location. Compensation is $25-$48 per hour.
- Applicants must have prior experience loading dumps with endloader.
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes in compliance with state regulations.
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Load or unload trucks or help others with loading or unloading, using special loading-related equipment or other equipment as necessary.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, CB radios, phones, or global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.