The Parts Advisor is a trusted expert that plays an active role in the parts department’s success. As a Parts Advisor, you are responsible for assisting and selling parts to all customers, over the counter, through the shop, or on the phone. Fox Motors is looking for a Parts Advisor that is customer focused, has a desire to work with technology, and outstanding communication skills. If you are ready to put your career in gear, Apply Now!
Key responsibilities include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
- Notifies the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- Notifies the body shop when all parts have arrived and when they will be delivered.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts.
- Assists outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customer.
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.