Professional Surveyor Job Description
A Professional Surveyor at Eng., Inc. will be directly responsible for land surveying on a wide range of projects designed to ultimately strengthen communities through infrastructure improvements for both private and public sector clients. The Professional Surveyor will make all decisions regarding the execution of the work requiring professional judgement, and allocate time to both the field and the office tasks as needed for the most effective execution of the survey project.
The Professional Surveyor will be the first point of contact with the Project Manager for the status of the survey work for each civil engineering project, and the point of contact with the client when performing private boundary or ALTA/NSPS land title surveys. Work sites may be anywhere in the state of Michigan, but primarily in Mid and West Michigan, and they may vary daily. Occasionally the work may be remote and complex enough to involve an overnight stay.
On any given day your survey team may be involved with engineering design surveys, construction layout and monitoring surveys, ALTA/NSPS land title surveys, public and private site development projects, as-constructed surveys, or easement and right of way acquisition surveys. The Professional Surveyor will be responsible for
- the final quality control and quality assurance for all survey deliverables to the client and/or engineering project manager
- participate in project start up and progress meetings, being prepared to report on the work progress and budget status for the survey work involved
- assist the survey group manager with the operation of the total survey group for overall scheduling, budget monitoring, developing and maintaining surveying processes, preparation of proposals, and technical staff training.
Requirements for this position include
- licensure in the state of Michigan as a Professional Surveyor or the ability to achieve this license within 6 months
- a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience
- a knowledge of the state of the practice, surveying equipment, and pertinent software (such as electronic data collection systems, conventional and robotic total stations, GPS systems, and AutoCAD Civil 3D).
- solid written and oral communication skills
- ability to supervise multiple projects simultaneously
Two years of supervisory experience is a plus.
Eng., Inc. is an award-winning Civil Engineering and Surveying firm working primarily for Michigan municipalities on projects including streets, water and sewer infrastructure, sidewalks, pathways, and parking lots, and Drain and Water Resources Commissioners on storm water management and complex water resources projects, having received multiple MACDC awards. We offer varied opportunities for experience, growth, professional development, leadership, and ownership in a flexible team-based culture. It’s hard to quantify our passion for mentoring, training, coaching and inspiring engineers to reach their full potential. Our competitive benefits package includes medical, life, short term and long-term disability insurances, HSA accounts, 401(k) plan, bonus structure, and paid time off for holidays, vacation, and sick time.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability.