Are you searching for a new position that brings meaning to your world? There is NO experience required to join Team Beacon and start your career in healthcare today!
Our Direct Support Professionals (DSP) support individuals with intellectual disabilities and mental health needs to live their fullest lives.
What can I expect as a Direct Support Professional?
· 3–4-day work weeks with 12.5-hour shifts
$14.35/hr starting pay
· DailyPay - Make any Day Payday!
· Free Meals while on shift
· Medical, Dental & Vision (1st of the month after 30 days of employment)
· Life Insurance, 401k (with employer match)
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Paid Training! You will receive certification in:
· CPR, FA, CPI, Gentle Teachings, DMA (med passing) & Recipient Rights
· Yearly refreshers to keep you on top of your game!
Advancement Opportunities for a Direct Support Professional:
· Leveling System- Move up every 90 days (you decide how far you go)!
· Internal promotions for management-level positions
What will my day-to-day look like as a Direct Support Professional?
· Provide opportunities throughout the day to help residents meet their goals. (An example would include teaching groups to follow activity programs and encouraging resident attendance.)
· Adhere to the person-centered plans, and behavior plans as written for each resident.
· Provide quality of care and a safe and healthy setting free from harm while upholding the rights of all residents. Create a space of trust and relationship with all residents.
· Cook meals as necessary for residents based upon food specifications, diets, food exchanges and documentation.
· Transport residents and attend appointments, advocate and obtain necessary documentation, when needed.
· Assist with supervision of residents doing their laundry and complete facility laundry, as needed.
· Administer medications to residents as needed.
· Must remain awake and immediately accessible in all homes requiring 24/7 care.
Beacon Specialized Living is Michigan’s largest provider of residential-based behavioral health services. We’re the only provider offering a CDSP certification and leveling program that will teach you lifelong skills with a clear career pathway to more responsibility and higher pay. Direct Support Professionals are essential health workers in high demand across the country. If you believe that everyone- regardless of their abilities- deserves to be a full member of their community, becoming a CDSP may be the perfect way for you to launch your career.
Beacon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and one of Michigan’s best companies to work for.