The ability to drive to access the clients' homes which may not be routinely wheelchair accessible is required.
Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the client's condition and to perform client care/services.
On occasion, you may be required to bend, stoop, reach and move client weight up to 250 pounds; lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds.
Has access to all client medical records which may be discussed with Registered Nurse.
Must have completed a minimum of 40 hours of Caregiver training from our Agency.
Must be free from health problems that may be injurious to client, self and co-workers and must present appropriate evidence to substantiate this.
Must comprehend the basics of meal preparation, homemaking, personal care service.
Caregiver may assist the client with the following activities:
A. Self-administration of medications by reminding the client to take medication and opening containers for the client.
c. Personal grooming and dressing
d. Eating and meal preparation
e. Oral hygiene and denture care
f. Toileting and toilet hygiene
g. Arranging for medical and dental care including transportation to and from the appointment
h. Administering emergency first-aid
i. Providing or arranging for social interaction
- Follow the plan of care to help the client to maintain good personal hygiene and maintain healthful, safe environment, is to perform ONLY those functions specified for each client.
- Receive written instructions from the supervisor.
- Must have knowledge of Agency's policies and procedures.
- Trained in First Aid
- Is oriented and trained in all aspects of care to be provided to clients.
- Able to demonstrate competency in all areas of training for personal care. Experience is preferred, along with some college education. Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent.