Job Title: Northwest Michigan Works! Adult Education Aide
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provides clerical, data entry, student record maintenance and social media accounts for the adult education program.
CHARACTERISTIC FEATURES OF THE POSITION: This is a full-time professional position that functions as a key member of the adult education team working directly with the Adult Education Regional Director.
Works under the direct supervision of Northwest Michigan Works! Adult Education Regional Director.
Responsibilities, Essential Duties and Functions
A staff member in this position may be called upon to perform any or all of the following essential duties. These examples do not include all of the duties which the staff member may be expected to perform.
- Perform a variety of general clerical work for Adult Education Regional Director.
- Maintain the adult education program’s Social Media accounts
- Collect adult education participants’ UICs from a state database
- Maintain HSC (high school completion) transcripts and transcript requests.
- Process Adult Education staff timesheets, requisitions, and invoices in coordination with the Support Services office.
- Assist with ordering supplies and maintaining a current inventory of adult education equipment and materials.
- Register adult education participants into various software programs.
- Distribute GED and GED Ready Vouchers.
- Process tutor background checks.
- Reconcile WorkKeys billings.
- Participate in quarterly participant file audits
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Assist with periodic incentive projects and marketing campaigns.
- Assist with distribution of program materials to adult education sites.
- Assist with organizing and assembling packets for adult education trainings and meetings.
- Distribute Chromebooks and Jet Packs; Management of the consoles
- Co-Management of the Lab Kiosk/AE websites with Lead Lab Aide
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Adult Education Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Adult Education Regional Director.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or HSE Degree.
- General knowledge of website management and updating
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of social media+-
- Strong computer skills and substantial experience with MS Office
- Proficient with Google suite operation and social media
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively work as a member of team.
This is a full-time position working 36 hours/4 days per week. Hourly wage is $15.00/Hr. The employee is entitled to the Northwest Michigan Works! fringe benefits package that includes: Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance with employer paid premiums; life insurance; employer paid deferred compensation retirement package; paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays.