The duties and responsibilities of a laborer are all geared toward maintaining a clean,
safe and efficient construction site while also supporting the overall project. The list of
duties and responsibilities for a laborer on any given day may include the following:
- Cleaning and preparing construction sites.
- Loading and unloading materials and equipment.
- Building and taking down scaffolding and temporary structures.
- Digging trenches, compacting earth and backfilling holes.
- Operating and tending machinery and heavy equipment.
- Following instructions from supervisors and implementing construction plans.
- Assisting skilled tradespeople in their duties.