$2000 sign-on bonus for any direct labor roles among our U.S. locations!
The CNC operator will work as part of the direct manufacturing shop floor team. We have positions open on 2nd shift and our new continental shift. The our continental shift working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for 12 hours each on 1st shift. A 15% shift premium will be applied.In this position for the continental shift.
The CNC operator will use computer numerically controlled (CNC) machinery safely and accurately in a manufacturing environment. This highly skilled professional will work with great concentration and precision while complying with all safety guidelines. The CNC operator will be able to start and power down the machine, make size adjustments, and understand the measuring instrument while maintaining a good part. This position is also responsible for change overs, drilling, milling, and loading programs while meeting production requirements. The CNC operator will prepare and operate the CNC machine, translate instructions into computer commands, prepare and load raw materials into the machine, and prepare a test run to ensure conformance to specification. The CNC operator will set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large quantities of parts and supervise the machine while executing while adjusting as necessary. The CNC operator will inspect, and measure finished products using precision measuring tools. This position requires the operation of machinery in a temperature-controlled manufacturing environment.
This position requires the ability to read instructions and follow these instructions with precision to produce outputs.
Who we are:
For seven decades, DME has been a mold technologies leader. Our catalog remains the industry’s broadest and our products are the benchmark of high quality. We continue to provide customers with knowledge, expertise, and service that can’t be matched. However, we aren’t satisfied because our customers’ needs keep evolving and we’re determined to help them succeed.
At DME, we’re confronting the ever-changing marketplace by reinventing the way we do business. For products we can make better and faster, we’re focusing our manufacturing operations on specialized centers of excellence around the world. For other offerings, we’re building strategic global partnerships to bring customers the highest-quality products at the lowest cost. Meanwhile, we’re standardizing global product platforms to provide consistency to our customers, wherever they’re located. No matter the product, no matter the supplier, we’re working harder than ever to ensure the superior design and quality our customers count on.
The evolution of DME continues. After all, we’re more than a manufacturer. More than a distributor. We’re an essential resource. Our customers’ challenges keep changing and we’re helping them adapt every step of the way.
DME is an operating company of Hillenbrand. Hillenbrand (www.Hillenbrand.com) is a global diversified industrial company with businesses that serve a wide variety of industries around the world. We pursue profitable growth and robust cash generation to drive increased value for our shareholders. Hillenbrand's portfolio includes industrial businesses such as Coperion, Milacron Injection Molding & Extrusion, and Mold-Masters, in addition to Batesville, a recognized leader in the death care industry in North America. Hillenbrand is publicly traded on the NYSE under "HI."
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, milling etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands ensuring machines can perform the correct function.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts in the machines.
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications.
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts.
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality.
- Read and comprehend instructions and follow established procedures.
- Understand how to operate the machine controls.
- Make size adjustments and understand measuring instruments.
- Take precision measurements using micrometers.
- Check output to ensure highest quality.
- Maintain equipment in good condition and perform operator preventative maintenance.
- Submit requests for maintenance repair as required.
- Keep records of production quantities and time.
- Report on issues, malfunction or defective parts.
- Able to stop production if the work center/machine is not producing products that meet all required specifications.
- Properly identify all product processed with work order number, inspection status, and operation status.
- Follow all safety guidelines and operate machinery in a safe manner.
- Physical presence on the job is essential and necessary including weekends and holidays if deemed necessary by the company.