Role and Responsibilities
- Explode assembly drawings from a 3D model to design parts illustration layouts to create equipment parts manuals.
- Write instructions for operating and maintaining the equipment operating manuals.
- Organize technical data in an easy-to-understand format.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of all procedures, instructions, technical data, and parts illustrations.
Essential Job Functions/Physical Demands
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Employee is required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Employee is required to used hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls.
· Employee is required to reach with hands and arms.
· Employee is required to talk or hear.
· While performing the duties of this job, employees work near moving mechanical parts or in outside weather conditions.
- On-site office setting mostly, but at times will be in the production area or outside where the equipment is operating.
· Employees are exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals.
· Noise level in the while in production environment is noisy.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 0-2 Years’ Experience - Degree or Trade/Technical Certification Required.
- 2+ Years’ Experience - No education requirements.
- Solid Edge or other design software experience.
- Ability to read and understand machine assembly drawings and bill of materials.
- Must be detail oriented with a mechanical aptitude.
- Must have good writing skills and clear communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects.
· Ability to work as a team and independently as needed.
Preferred Skills and Education Requirements
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in a mechanical engineer/drafting related field of study.
- Trade or technical school certification in related field of study.
- Adobe InDesign or other layout and page design software experience.
- Adobe Photoshop or other imaging and graphic design software experience.