Role and Responsibilities
· This job description is a general overview of the position, it is not to be all inclusive of responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
· Analyze steel structures using FEA software to support the development and refinement of designs from components to assembly level
· Add welds to assemblies as required to facilitate structural analysis of assemblies to verify current state
· Work with production teams to identify and correct manufacturing design issues
· Handle design changes and new designs as assigned
· Assist with fulfilling Engineering Change Requests as assigned
· Work directly with engineering staff to produce drawings and bills of material from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, along with written and verbal descriptions
Essential Job Functions/Physical Demands
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Sitting for extended periods of time
· Employee is required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· While performing the duties of this job, employees work near moving mechanical parts or in outside weather conditions.
· Employees are exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals
· Noise level in the while in production environment is noisy
· 1+ years’ experience academically and/or professionally using FEA software.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
· Strong computational and mechanical aptitude demonstrated through work experience or academic projects
· Solid Edge or other design program experience