Are you interested in working family owned, stable, steadily growing and innovative company?
Are you searching for a company that treats you like family and offers great benefits along with upward mobility?
Are you looking for a company who aims to make the customer happy and never skimps on quality?
If you are, HS Inc. is the place for you!
We are currently looking to add an experienced Maintenance Technician to our Tool & Die team and are looking to get you started as quickly as possible!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
- Start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems.
- Install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications.
- Inspect/test damaged machine parts, & mark defective areas or advise maintenance manager of repair needs.
- Dismantle machines & remove parts for repair, using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes, or hoists.
- Record production, repair, and machine maintenance information.
- Lubricate or apply adhesives or other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures.
- Set up and operate machines and adjust controls to regulate operations.
- Read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance.
- Collaborate with other workers to repair or move machines, machine parts, or equipment.
- Read and interpret blue prints including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, foundation, and multiple CNC controls.
- Communicate with team members, management, & customers regarding job progress & identify potential issues.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Follow lockout/tag out procedures and all other safety procedures.
- Work with cross-functional team to complete projects on time while meeting planned budget.
- Effectively handle competing priorities.
- Demonstrate initiative to analyze problems and innovate best solutions.
- May perform other duties as assigned or required.
Plant 1 Tool & Die Headquarters off of Lake Michigan Drive
- Day Shift, Monday - Friday
- Typical hours are 7:00AM-5:30PM
Qualifications & Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in Industrial Maintenance in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Must own hand tools to perform basic repairs to equipment
- Ability to use shop equipment (lathe, drill press, mill, cut-off saw, and hydraulic press).
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Ability to verify part conformity using micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, and other gauges.
- Ability to read, analyze, and understand engineering blueprints.
- Knowledge of PLC systems.
- Must have a basic understanding of common shop maintenance requirements.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position requires frequent lifting, pushing and pulling objects that are 50lbs or heavier.