Are you interested in working for a family owned and family operated business that is not only stable, but growing?
Are you searching for a career with opportunities for advancement and a company that offers great benefits?
Are you looking for a team and managers who genuinely care about you and your development?
If so, HS Inc. is the place for you!
We are actively searching for motivated, confident, and hard working individuals to join our Mold Making team!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Visualize and compute dimension, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Set up and operate conventional or CNC machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Plumb cooling and hydraulic systems to customer requirements.
- Participate in mold design reviews, part design feasibility reviews, and tooling meeting as needed.
- Work from blueprints, sketches, CAD models, or specifications.
- Participate in all areas of design phases to ensure complete and accurate mold delivery.
- Install electrical systems that meet customer requirements.
- Confirm all part features are properly accounted for.
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Perform basic Visi actions and determine relief split and angles of work planes.
- Recognize that moving pieces of steel need to have a 10-point difference in hardness to prevent galling.
- Recognize when preloaded slides and pillars are needed.
- Manage time efficiently and continually improve personal work ethic.
- Effectively handle competing priorities with guidance of team leadership.
- Practice and encourage safety-conscious design processes.
- Work cooperatively and jointly within a team to provide quality products.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward customers and team members.
- Communicate with team members, management, and customers regarding job progress and identify potential issues.
- Provide guidance to less experienced Mold Makers as necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned or required.
Hours and Location:
- Day Shift Hours
- ?Monday - Friday, 7:00AM-5:30PM
- Saturdays (per workload demands) may require 5 hour shifts and can be flexible with what time would work best for your schedule
- Night Shift Hours
- ?Monday Night - Friday Night, 5:15PM-5:00AM
- Located in Grand Rapids, MI right off of Lake Michigan Drive
Opportunities for Advancement:
- We have skill levels of 1-4 within our team of Mold Makers
- ?Level 1: New to the trade and we are willing to train from the ground up.
- Level 2: Intermediate experience level and we would offer training to help you advance within your career.
- Level 3: Experienced Mold Makers who would be able to hit the ground running - still able to offer you opportunities for advancement.
- Level 4: Experienced Mold Makers who we consider our Team Leads - able to offer you leadership opportunities.
- We have a number of different departments within our company that we can work with you to advance into as well - we pride ourselves on being a company that promotes from within.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proven mechanical aptitude.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in accurate use of measurement devices and accurate calculations.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in the use of lathes and milling machines.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency assembling parts based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Basic to intermediate use of hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency in identifying steel types and Rockwell hardness.
- Basic to intermediate proficiency performing basic Visi actions.
- Preferred: College or trade school certification in mold making or a related field.
- Basic working knowledge and fundamentals of electrical, hydraulic, cooling and pneumatic systems.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. The position requires frequent lifting, pushing and pulling objects that are 50lbs or heavier.