Clean & Climate controlled environment
Insurance / Benefits on Day 1
We love what we do! At Aspen Surgical we live our values of Respect, Transparency, Speed, Empowerment, Passion and Fun every day. This caring dedication creates and builds exceptional products that drive the industry standard making a real and lasting impact on people’s lives around the world. We strive to be the best, while providing the tools, resources, and support needed to set our team members up for success. Do you want to be appreciated for your hard work? Be a member of a dynamic, fast-growing organization? View your job as a joy rather than a burden? Then we have a position for you!
The Cash Application & Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for timely and accurate posting of customer payment remittances (i.e. check, wire or ACH and credit card payments) and is responsible for the timely and profitable collection of accounts receivable. This position is accountable for ensuring all required back up documentation and/or approvals are followed in order to maintain the integrity of the payment application process. This position is also responsible for leading the implementation of process improvements to maximize the financial performance of the company by reducing operating expenses and maintaining constant open lines of communication between customers, sales, and the Credit Department while maintaining favorable customer relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
Cash Application duties and responsibilities:
Review and reconcile all Unapplied Cash within the current ERP system and apply accordingly
Facilitate the manual posting of EDI payments, incoming wire payments, lockbox and credit card kick-out payments, entering miscellaneous credits to customer accounts, other miscellaneous posting needed
Provide customer facing interaction to accomplish correct payment posting the first time. Assist Credit Department (i.e. Invoice Specialist, Collection Specialist) in clearing the Unapplied Cash and credit card kick-outs
Responsible for purging receipts monthly within the current ERP system and ensuring all cash receipt batches are posted
Monitor the end to end cash applications process to ensure timely and accurate posting of cash to customer accounts minimizing reposting or rework
Provide guidance in cash posting to analyze department processes and transactions along with researching and forwarding credit card chargeback issues to the appropriate location and department
Analyze current customer credit card requests to identify gaps that could result in overpayments or duplications.Recommend steps to correct these gaps and implement throughout the company.Educate associates on new processes as they are defined
In conjunction with the Accounting Manager and Collections Supervisor, recommend improvements on cash posting to improve cash flow for the company as well as future state collections process.Monitor financial controls and communicate potential areas of financial exposure to management in the areas of customer credit card transactions and cash posting kick-outs
Function as lead liaison to drive operational initiatives and projects for process improvement in Cash Posting
AR Specialist duties and responsibilities:
- Portfolio management of accounts; collect accounts receivable monies by analyzing open balances and taking appropriate action to contact customers every 30 days; meet or exceed assigned DSO and past due invoice goals; understand when, to whom and how to escalate issues in order to drive resolution
- Solve problems through account reconciliation and/or correcting billing errors related to purchase orders, shipping errors, credit card payments, and duplicate shipments;
providing feedback to those processes in order to prevent similar errors in the future; reconcile misapplied cash.
- Process adjustments of related credits and invoices on accounts or as requested by customer; work with cash department to transfer payments on accounts; prepare refund requests and account write-offs and obtain necessary approvals based on the Global Credit Policy.
- Analyze payment trends by customer or customer group and takes action to address and or notify management when necessary
- Liaison between Credit Teams including; Dispute, Credit and Cash.
- Be actively involved in department continuous improvement projects by identifying improvement opportunities, working on a project team, or leading a project