Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Pridgeon and Clay is the place for you…
Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon and Donald Clay, we are one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked components in the United States.
The Maintenance Team effectively improves buildings and departments in order to provide a safe and well-maintained environment in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- A diploma or GED
- Facilities maintenance experience, including carpentry, electrical and plumbing experience
- Experience with gas, MIG, arc welding and plasma cutting (including oxy/acetylene)
- Experience using hand-tools (and your own set of hand tools)
- A valid driver’s license, along with good driving record
- Prior experience operating boom lifts and scissors lifts
- A P&C Hi-lo and crane license (or the ability to pass both written and practical tests in order to obtain them)
- Computer knowledge (including Outlook/email)
- Ability to accurately and efficiently utilize manuals, schematics, diagrams and blueprints to perform complex facilities repairs
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- An excellent work record, including attendance
Outstanding candidates will possess the following Desired Requirements:
- Previous experience in an industrialized setting
- Knowledge of building and electrical codes
- Robust preventative maintenance experience
The Primary Activities of the Maintenance Team Member include:
- Perform various types of building maintenance (outside and inside), including maintenance to, and installation of, guard rails, siding, bump posters, door and roof trim repair, and man doors via advanced use of hand tools in a timely manner.
- Perform painting, carpentry, and drywall installations and repairs.
- Perform electrical work (from 120 volt ac to 480 volt ac, three phase) for installations, repairs, and maintenance of such items as overhead lighting, bulbs, ballasts, fixtures, outlets, including running conduit.
- Perform installations, repairs, and maintenance plumbing repairs of toilets, sinks, dishwashers, faucets, and water fountains.
- Assist maintenance technicians and outside contractors in major maintenance projects and repairs.
- Repair and maintain machines and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintain and repair overhead doors, auto gates, and dock plates in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Perform welding (Gas, Mig, Arc) and plasma cutting, including oxy/acetylene, for repairs and construction.
- Maintain and repair the floors and floor coatings at all P&C Grand Rapids facilities.
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance inspections of air makeup units, dust hogs, smog hogs, and filter mist units.
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance inspections on drain filters, eyewash stations, emergency lighting fixtures, defibrillators, and spill containment kits at all P&C Grand Rapids facilities.
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance inspections and subsequent repairs on the Distribution Center’s packaging/pack line equipment.
- Ensure the environment is safe and free of all avoidable risk by communicating and enforcing safety procedures, reporting safety concerns immediately, as well as identifying potential safety issues (such as missing guards, extension cords, and improper PPE usage), and taking appropriate action.
- Properly use lockout/tag out procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of all safety devices and procedures.
- Assist with 5S projects when necessary.
- Operate the company truck occasionally to pick up various supplies needed for facilities maintenance.
- Operate department Hilo(s), boom lifts, scissors lifts, and overhead cranes.
- Organize and maintain efficiency of personal work area.
- Assist Plant Chemical Technicians, as necessary.
In return, Pridgeon and Clay will provide:
- A competitive total compensation including a comprehensive benefit plan with premium medical and prescription coverage starting at just $5.00 per week for employee coverage, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
- A safe, team oriented work environment with a leadership team that treats you like family and values your input
- An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the organization through continuous improvement and problem solving events
- A positive work/life balance
- An opportunity for career growth – Over 70% of our leaders have been promoted from within