The CMM Technician 1 will support the company as a quality resource through assisting Quality Engineers, and Quality Technicians - Gage and performing receiving inspection and other quality lab tasks in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability and desire to enroll in a Quality Science Associate’s program within 6 months of starting work, as well as attending other off-site training classes.
- Ability to complete Career Path training and education requirements, including continuous enrollment until program completion within 7 years and an optional six-month shift rotation
- One to five years’ experience in a quality-related field or manufacturing environment with knowledge of quality documentation, gage calibration, blueprint reading, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) operation, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and understanding of gage repeatability and reproducibility (R&R) studies.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Computer literacy
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- An excellent work record, including attendance
- Ability to execute and begin training in the creation of robust in-process inspection programs - as assigned.
- Ability to restart CMM equipment, calibrate tips, and set reference systems.
- Perform or assist with Gage R&R studies OR Capability Studies (on Gage or CMM) and perform hand tool calibrations, troubleshooting, and repairing gages as needed.
- CMM Software -Operate at a basic level: Checkmate, Measuremax, Modus, Mechanical Desktop, PC DMIS, ATOS, ARGUS, SolidWorks (as assigned).
- Support Quality Lab Manager/Prototype Manager, Engineers, and Technicians with special projects and studies as required. Backup the other CMM Programmer / Technicians during their absences.
- Ability to learn to use basic GD&T concepts and study advanced GD&T concepts.
- Set up and run jobs on 3-D printers using SolidWorks and CatalystEX as applicable.
- Facilitate and own the scheduling and product flow of parts/jobs/fixtures throughout the lab using visual management tools and applicable record-keeping systems, manage storage locations, and fixture gage labels in the gage tracking software as applicable.
- Ability to learn and set up a job with a basic understanding of alignment methodologies and coordinate systems, using CAD, GD&T, Inspection Std, and Control Plans, and is able to troubleshoot/run programs and machines, recovering from any measurement errors and, train in adjusting measurement points and probe moves.
- Annual certification: Layout of Annual PPAP parts or Annual Gage certification. (As applicable)
- Minitab Software: Train in Minitab to perform capability 6 pack and ANOVA Gage R&R. (As applicable)
- Layout Documentation: Complete Training to be able to create ballooned prints, inspection standards, Prototype Control Plans, or Gage instructions, as applicable/assigned, and Prepare clearly annotated text and labeled reports for customer /internal submission.
- Has the ability to generate reports and fill labeled reports with your results.
- Be able to assist with problem-solving any discrepancies in the part or manufacturing process
- Understands P&C quality statement and how it relates to their position
- Support launch or prototype teams by attending meetings, completing tasks, and providing feedback as needed.
- Demonstrate proficient use and maintenance of quality tools, including micrometer, caliper, ring gage, thread gage, and height gage.
- Follow control plans (inspection sheets) to complete the first piece, receiving, and/or in-process checks (as applicable). Conduct quality checks per check sheet and quality alerts, including visual inspections.
Continuous Improvement/Lean Principles:
- Suggest and implement ideas to increase personal and departmental efficiency. Communicate potential cost savings to other Technicians and Team Leaders.
- Participate in, and support lean initiatives such as continuous improvement events and problem-solving events, identifying and eliminating all types of waste
- Organize and maintain the schedule for cleaning and general maintenance of the CMM’s, Gages, and Measurement Equipment by filling out logs of activities, performing necessary PM’s as scheduled.
- Organize and maintain the efficiency of the personal work area.
- Follow all safety procedures, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Identify potential safety issues and take appropriate action. Ensure the environment is free of avoidable risks, and report concerns immediately, taking appropriate action to immediately rectify and resolve.
- Organize and maintain personal work area and quality area per 5S standards
- When accepting instructions or process information, seek clarification for complete understanding for job independence and elimination of waste.
- Provide assistance to suppliers, including on-site visits at their facilities when needed.
- Pick up and deliver the product to suppliers and customers, as needed.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, IATF 16949, and safety regulations.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner.
- Treat all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Exhibit all the attributes of a positive role model (including professionalism, personal integrity, and positive attitude) for employees and managers to emulate.
- Assist in maintaining company values (Integrity, People, Customers, Safety, We Can If…Do What It Takes, and Ownership) daily, through thoughts and actions.