Position Summary: The Philanthropy Project Coordinator is responsible for grant writing and management, sponsorship proposal assistance, concert ticket preparation and distribution, department budget coordination, and general administrative duties.
• Write and submit an average of six grant applications per quarter to corporate and family foundations, corporations, and government agencies; provides interim and final reports as requested by grantor.
• Help prepare sponsorship and trade proposals/agreements unrelated to fundraising events or grants.
• Provide pre and post season administrative support for Fifth Third Bank Summer Concerts at Meijer Gardens.
• Post and document purchase orders, invoices, internal transfers, credit card charges, et al for the Philanthropy Department.
• During capital campaigns, help maintain systems and processes to honor and preserve current and legacy donor recognition.
• Serve as Gift Processing Specialist back-up during sick days or vacations.
• Assist Director of Philanthropy & Membership in completing tasks.
• Embrace and adhere to Meijer Gardens' mission, brand statement, operating model, policies, procedures, and guiding principles with a strong emphasis on professional behavior and treating others with dignity and respect.
• Embrace the fact we are a non-profit institution that serves the public and that you will work with a broad and diverse group of employees, volunteers, members, and guests.