Under general supervision, assists with patient care in radiology specialty areas (CT, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Medicine) and participates and assists in procedures. Performs clerical and other division duties according to established protocols. Performs related duties as required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist patient and staff in specialty areas (CT, Mammography, MRI, Nuclear Med)
· Explain more complex exam procedure to patients and prepare patients for the examination which includes reviewing the screening form
· Assist Radiologist with Epic data input during procedure
· Assist technical staff with Epic data entry
· Assist Technologist/RN with specialty procedures
· Take vitals prior and during procedure for Radiologist
· Assist patient with completing questions prior to having study
· Set up room for sterile procedures and open sterile supplies
· Prepare procedure room and work areas to ensure stock is replenished (linen and related supplies) and the area is kept neat and clean
· Assist with Portable X-ray studies
· Perform general imaging processing functions
· Print reports, burn CDs, fax reports or send reports to assist the physician in getting the report Perform clerical duties to include answering telephones, patient scheduling and RIS functions Escort patients, both in hospital and ambulatory
· For mobile diagnostics, may schedule delivery; set-up mobile unit; and drive mobile unit to various sites
· Performs other duties as assigned
· High School graduate or equivalent required.
· Basic computer knowledge required.
· Medical knowledge preferred.
· 1 year clinical experience required.
· Required to successfully complete assessment for sterile technique, procedure set up and assisting staff during procedures within 3 months.
· For mobile diagnostics, CDL license required to drive mobile unit.
Organization: Henry Ford Hospital - Detroit Main Campus
This posting represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described above.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Robert G. Riney, Henry Ford Health is a $6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one of the nation's oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region's major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and remaining Michigan's fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses, pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visitHenryFord.com.
Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice. Henry Ford Health has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program (Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.